Welcome to the New School Year!
Summer has flown by and our children have made the transition to their new classrooms. It is important to point out that being in new surroundings, having a new teacher, a new routine and some new friends can be a difficult transition for some of our children.
In order to help your child transition into his/her new setting, we have listed some of the ways that you can help.
1. Help your child to be prepared for class each day. Children thrive in a structured setting, knowing what comes next. It is very important to your child, to be in class before the day’s activities begin.
2. Take a few minutes at drop off or pick up to visit your child’s new classroom and meet his/her teacher(s).
3. Talk with your child about their exciting new classroom and all of the wonderful new activities they will get to explore and experience.
4. Ask your child about his/her day, who they played with, what they liked and remind him/her of their positive experiences when you drop off the next morning.
5. Send pictures of family that can be made into a collage for your child to see in his/her cubby when he/she is feeling lonely or sad.
Together we can make this your child’s best year yet!
Janet, Cheryl, Jan and the Teachers of Junior’s Junction
Friday, September 11th, 2015
9:30 -11:00 am.
Please invite your child’s Grandparents to join us in this special event where they will be the guest of honor in your child’s classroom for the morning. Each classroom will have special activities and a snack for your child to share with his/her grandparents.