Learning Center – Infant Care – Toddler – Preschool | Pre-K
Our infant program consists of individualized developmental curriculum, interactions and Baby Signs.
- Infant teachers provide developmentally appropriate activities for each child age 6 weeks to 18 months old.
- Each infant spends time on their tummy, on their back, and sitting with activities focusing on reaching and stretching to strengthen developing muscles
- Once they are mobile, activities are added to encourage crawling, walking, self assisting etc.
- Our infant program also focuses on language development from birth through reading, singing, finger plays, and descriptive conversations.
- Baby Signs: We use Baby Sign Language to empower your child with self help, identification and safety signs which are reinforced with whole language. Baby Signs empowers young children with a means to communicate their wants, needs and directives. When a child is able to communicate and understand his frustration resulting in biting, hitting or tantrums is greatly reduced.
Busy Bees Curriculum
Activities to promote language and development.
- Finger Plays
- Story Extension
Activities to promote Fine and Gross Motor Development
- Manipulative activities
- Hands-on art activities
- Music and movement
- Hands-on learning games
- Exercise activities
Activities to promote Cognitive Growth
- Hands-on science activities
- Dramatic play extension activities
- Hands-on math activities
- Hands-on snack activities
Supports Social-Emotional Development
- Taking turns
- Using words
Frog Street Curriculum
Designed around the latest scientific early brain development research, this year-round program focuses on enhancing the simple joy of childhood while equipping caregivers to nurture curiosity through exploration.
Frog Street Toddler, created by Dr. Pam Schiller, incorporates Dr. Becky Bailey’s Conscious Discipline® and includes 52 weeks of activity choices specifically created for children ages 18-36 months. Activity choices:
- Are organized around five developmental domains.
- Offer differentiated instruction options to meet the needs of all learners.
- Can be easily infused into daily routines, such as diaper changing, transitions, and outdoor play.
- Are designed with intention and purpose to move children forward in their development.
Preschool 1 -2 -3 Curriculum
Our Preschool program is theme based and utilizes the 1 -2- 3 curriculum.
This “Developmentally Appropriate” Pre-K readiness Curriculum is designed to introduce new skills while strengthening and building upon skills already learned.
The learning process is a center based program with a hands-on curriculum.
Pre-Kindergarten Readiness Skills
Children utilize all of their senses to build core knowledge of Pre-Kindergarten readiness skills.
- 1-2-3 Math
- 1-2-3 Science
- 1-2-3 Blocks
- 1-2-3 Art
In this program the teachers and children follow a set schedule and learn at their own pace in developmental centers.
Pre-K TEA Kindergarten Readiness And Hands on Curriculum
Our Pre-Kindergarten program is a dual program with the morning focusing on the TEA (Texas Education Agency) Kindergarten readiness skills, coupled with Alpha Puppets and Hands-on Math and Science.
“Alpha Puppets” Alphabet Learning
- The TEA standards are the same standards set forth for public pre-k in each of the core learning areas. It provides the foundation your child will need to be successful in Kindergarten.
- Hands-on curriculum provides teachers with age appropriate, easy to access ways to help children learn Math and Science skills.
- Alpha Puppets introduces each letter in the alphabet through a puppet and its story, song and activities.
The afternoon program is center based, child directed activities that are theme based and extensions of the math, art, science and language skills being introduced through the TEA standards.
Learn more about what is happening at Junior’s Junction, visit our calendar of events.