Hello and welcome to the Junior’s Junction Parent Connection Blog.
My name is Cheryl Butimore. I am the Director of Marketing and Curriculum for Junior’s Junction Learning Center located at 2249 E Loop 820 N Ft Worth, TX 76118.
It is my hope to utilize this blog format to bring interesting child development articles and home extension learning activities to you each month.
With this first installment falling in February which is health awareness month, I wanted to share a few good oral care tips for Families from the National Maternal & Child Oral Health Resource Center.
1. Eat Healthy, Tooth Friendly foods.
2. Brush twice a day: after breakfast and before bed.
3. Make sure your child brushes for at least 2 minutes.
4. Brush all teeth. Top – Bottom – and Sides (not just the front ones).
5. Be sure your child’s toothbrush has soft bristles.
6. Use dental floss to clean in between teeth.
7. Visit the dentist twice a year.
8. Avoid Sugary foods and drinks to prevent plaque buildup.
Setting a good oral health routine now can help your little one’s avoid dental-related illnesses in the future.
In anScholastic Parent and Child Magazine article it is stated that – “kids miss 51 million school hours due to dental related illnesses each year”.
– “dental disease is the most common chronic infectious disease in children”.
– “ is 5 times more common than asthma”.
On Thursday, February 21 Dr. Gold Pediatric Dentist will be presenting an inter active dental health program for our 3-5 year old classrooms. Be sure to look for information on finding a pediatric dentist and dental health awareness on our parent information table.